Policy last updated 29th June 2020
Referring Policy Holders or Team Members to Specialist Services
Assetinsure and its distributor’s employees may not be able to help its policyholders outside the scope of insurance or financial matters.
Our employees will suggest to the policy holder that they contact a relevant external support organisation. The most common of these are listed below
Language / Communication Services
Australian Capital Territory
• Legal Aid ACT – Call: 1800 654 314
New South Wales
• NSW Health Education Centre Against Violence – Call: 02 9840 3737
• Women’s Domestic Violence Advocacy Service – Call: 1800 938 227
• Ask LOIS (Women’s Legal Service NSW) – Call: 1800 801 501
• Law Access NSW – Call: 1300 888 529
• Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission – Call: 1800 019 343
• Legal Services Commission of South Australia – Call: 1300 366 424
• Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania – Call: 1300 366 611
• Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria or Victoria Legal Aid – Call: 03 8346 5200
National Debt Helpline
Financial counselling and information for people experiencing financial difficulty to achieve better money management and budget.
Can assist with:
• budgets and money plans
• rights and responsibilities
• access to relevant government and community grants
• referrals to other free community-based services (such as free legal advice and supports).
Call: 1800 007 007
Stress and mental health
• Over the phone, web and email support to people experiencing anxiety or depression. Call: 1300 224 636
Life and crisis support
• National charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. Call: 131 114
• National telephone and web-based counselling, referrals and support groups for LGBTIQ people and their families. Call: 1800 184 527
• Free counselling for alcohol or drug use or anyone concerned with use by a family member or friend. Referrals to state -based services.
• Website: www.counsellingonline.org.au
Support for employees
Assetinsure’s employees may be affected by family violence and require support in the same way that others do. Employees may be adversely affected either by the impact of the customer’s issues or when their interactions with a customer cause them to relive their own experiences of family violence.
Employees also may be perpetrators of family violence and need support to deal with that.
Assetinsure can support employees who are impacted by family and domestic violence and manage known perpetrators of violence through:
• additional security measures;
• external referrals; and