Position Vacancy: Undewrriter
Group: Enthusiast Motor Insurance
Job Title: Underwriter
Reports to: Underwriting Manager
Position Summary / Purpose of Role
Enthusiast is a niche underwriting agency specialising in providing motor insurance to people who really care about their cars. We have seen amazing growth in the past 5 years and have ambitions to grow even more in the next 5 years and beyond. To do that we need a strong customer service officer to complement our great team.
This is an opportunity for…
A motivated individual looking to be a part of growing insurance business. You will be nurtured to become a genuine motor insurance expert and will be part of the Customer Service team supporting customer queries via phone, emails and our digital portal. Being a car enthusiast yourself will be advantageous!
The key responsibilities will be…
- Delivering excellent customer service through personalised interactions with brokers and direct customers, from initiating a quote, binding policy, serving mid-term requests, renewing policies and cancellations
- Reviewing and assessing vehicle values as proposed by customers
- Following our underwriting guidelines, action referrals and communicate underwriting decisions to brokers and direct customers
- Make recommendations and implement projects to improve customer experience and improve operational efficiency with a continuous improvement mindset
- Support at an external event to increase Enthusiast’s brand awareness as and when required
- Contribute to the evolving risk and compliance culture within Enthusiast through identifying potential issues within the business
- Embracing transparency and build on the culture of a small and fast-growing business
The highly valued skills and attributes are…
- A demonstrated passion for motoring is something that we would love to see in you.
- Previous Motor Insurance experience
- Quick to learn new systems and IT savvy
- Experience within sales or customer service environments
- A drive to achieve sales targets will keep you competitive and motivated.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal communication skills when explaining complicated concepts in a simple way
- The ability to be pro-active and a can do approach and help the team when needed
- Highly organised and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and keen to learn and develop new skills
- RG146 or Tier 2 certification would see you have an advantage
- Up to 5 years prior Customer Service experience